Pigmentation = coloring, the dark patches on the face or body is known as pigmentation, in most of the cases, pigmentation occurs around the mouth or on the neckline. Our skin gets its color from a pigment called melanin, the more melanin we have darker we look. Less melanin in the body makes us fairer. Due to extreme exposure to sunlight or vitamin B12 deficiency – the melanin deposits in a particular area and responsible for dark patches on the skin, these two are the major factors for pigmentation.
Consulting a doctor is the best part if the dark patches make you look awkward. However, to fade the patches, it might take 2-6 months.
Using concealers and foundation to hide the dark patches on the skin is not the permanent solution, the glow should come within the body. Therefore, we recommend you to follow a healthy diet and also by using natural remedies. Below are the natural remedies and tips to overcome pigmentation.
Go along with the Home Treatment:
1.Apple Cider Vinegar
- Mix 1 spoon of apple cider vinegar with 2 tablespoons of water.
- Apply the mixture to the pigmented area.
- Let it sit for 5min, then rinse off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat the process twice a day until you get the desired results
Benefits: Apple Cider vinegar has keratolytic effects, helps to unplug blocked pores, also exfoliates the skin and helps to fade the marks away from the skin.
2.Red Onions on Pigmented Skin
- Take a slice of red onion.
- Rub it on the affected part of the pigmented skin.
- Wait for 10 min. Now, rinse off with lukewarm water for better results.
- Repeat twice a day until you see the difference.
Note: It might take some time to see the results
Benefits: Red onions are rich in vitamin C. these makes wonders for the pigmented skin
3.Papaya to the Pigmented Skin
- Take a piece of papaya and make a thick paste.
- Apply the thick paste over the face and leave for 10-15 minutes.
- Repeat this process at least a month or until you see the difference.
Benefits: Papaya helps in exfoliation. Therefore, the component papain in papaya helps to breakdown those dark patches.
4.Vitamin E for Pigmented skin
- Take vitamin E capsules (Evion 400mg/600mg Capsules) and puncture the tip with a pin and excrete the oil into a bowl containing 2-3 drops of castor oil.
- Apply on the affected area or overall the face and leave it overnight.
- Rinse off in the morning with lukewarm water.
- Repeat the process twice or thrice in a week.
Benefits: It’s proven that vitamin E neutralizes the effects of UV radiation and repairs skin damage. Therefore, its antioxidant properties combating the effects of free radicals formed by the metabolism of foods and toxins in the environment.
5.Raw Potato for Skin Lightening
- Peel off a raw potato and cut it to half
- Apply it directly on the affected area.
- Rub it in a clockwise direction at least for 3-4 minutes.
- Lastly, rinse with lukewarm water.
- Repeat 2-3 times a week in a month to see the better results.
Benefits: This fiber-rich veggie (Raw potato)is an inhibitor of melanocytes (mature melanin forming cells in the skin). Also, Potatoes are rich in Catecholase, this enzyme slows down and restricts the formation of pigments in certain areas of the skin.
6.Vitamin B12 Rich Food
Take foods such as leafy vegetables, animal liver, and kidneys, clams, sardines, beef, fortifies cereal, tuna, salmon, etc. All these foods are rich in vitamin b12 because vitamin b12 deficiency is the major reason for pigmentation.
You are already beautiful inside, now treat your skin well and it will treat you to compliments, just go with the above natural treatment.